Memorial Hospital Gates

Memorial Hospital Gates

The gates to the Seymour Memorial Hospital were erected to commemorate those who served in World War One

The gates were originally unveiled in November 1927 after ten years of planning.  The Gates were built by returned soldiers at a cost of £412 and list many of those from the district who served in World War One

The gates were moved in 1959 to the entrance of the new hospital, and then again in 1996 to their current location but over the years the Gates became badly degraded

In 2004 the RSL refurbished the names on the granite pillars, in 2012 the Gates were refurbished and in 2013 the lights were replicated and fitted in time for the Anzac Day dawn service of that year, the gates and garden are beautiful and worth a visit more often than just Anzac Day